Packages with multiple Programs within

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:55 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Congratulations on an excellent solution for a multiple configuration environment.

I have a situation where we have Packages (of which I have no issue in getting pkgID) that contain multiple programs within.  An example is Adobe Master Collection where we have a single package of all components and then we created multiple configurations (programs) for enterprise delivery (Base inc. Photoshop & Acrobat,  Design inc. Base + InDesign, Illustrator, Flash and Fireworks etc.).

In your example .XML file you list progID="Per-system unattended" under the App element which I would assume is the first program in the package (Y/N) and carries out an unattended install.

What would be the process to select different programs from a single package?

i.e.

Adobe Master Collection

-  Base Install

-  Design Suite Install

-  Complete Collection Install

Apologies if this is a stupid question but I am not highly skilled in the structure of the ConfigMgr Backend.

Ian Gracie - Desktop Administrator - South West Institute of TAFE - Australia

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2009 at 6:01 PM

For this situation, create multiple App tags:

<App id="d66f8baf-304b-4fe5-8afb-f9dccb058da5" name="Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise" pkgID="D0T00014" progID="Setup Enterprise"/>
<App id="2745dccb-46c0-4d8b-a575-15a994653775" name="Microsoft Office 2007 Pro-Plus" pkgID="D0T00014" progID="Setup Pro-Plus"/>

Each App tag corresponds to the program in the package where progID is the name of the program as displayed in ConfigMgr under the package in the programs node. Then add AppRef tags referencing each of these App tags in the appropriate places in the AppSets structure.

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Many Thanks....